How To Get Rid Of Dark Pigmentation Hyper-pigmentation of the skin can cause uneven color and dark patches. Excessive production of melanin is responsible for this condition. Hyper-pigmentation can occur on almost any part of the body, including the face, neck, hands, arms and legs. The root cause of excess melanin production is generally attributed to internal factors like hormonal changes in the body, pregnancy and various health problems. External factors like excessive sun exposure, skin injury, burning, emotional stress or contact with certain chemicals can also cause hyper pigmentation.
Among the most frustrated skin problem is pigmentation, melasma or the butterfly rash stands on the top. Being comfortable in your skin is a huge part of feeling beautiful. But comfort can be a bit of a reach when you are faced with pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can deal massive blows to a person’s self-esteem and confidence. A lot of women resort to using color corrector, concealers, and a lot of bb cream or foundation to cover up their uneven skin tone. And while pigmentation can quite easily be concealed with makeup, one should never feel the need to shy away from stepping out into the world with a bare face.
Reason for how it occurs
- Due to hormonal changes / during pregnancy.
- Some of them are genetically predisposed & therefore they have it more than the others.
- Once the pigment have seten on the skin every minute of sun exposer can actually cause the pigment to darker.
So do not panic there are few tips which you can follow to avoid further darkening
- Stay away from sunlight.
- Use sun block of SPF50
- Avoid stepping out in the sun between 10 am to 4 pm.
- Wear caps, sunglasses & scarves to protect yourself from sun.
- Do remember to apply sunscreen every 2 hours.
- Take a lot of vitamin C in your diet & antioxidants like oranges, lime, strawberries, citrus fruit & flax seeds.
What to remember
- Do not scrub face as it will increase pigmentation.
- Stay away from heat like steam, sauna & Jacuzzi.
- These are the thing that actually darken that pigmentation.
Ways to reduce pigmentation
- Use azelaic acid based cream.
- Try out home remedies such as yogurt mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Now apply it on your body & leave it on for 10 minutes & then rinse it off.
What to remember
- Pigmentation generally disappears after lactation period.
- Stay happy always.